Financial Planning Engagement
Our engagement is based on a 6-step process:
- Introductory Meeting/Fit - Have you every met a good doctor that you just didn't like? It's not a fun experience...for anyone. Fit is important in just about any relationship, particularly a financial planning engagement, and that is what this first meeting is about. We want to make sure that our capabilities align with your desires and that our personalities match. It has been our experience that business owners are excellent clients for the firm....and very aggressive investors are not. Why has that been the case? Well, business owners understand risk well and they don't want to take too much of it. Aggressive investors often want to take advantage of initial public offerings and hold concentrated positions in individual stocks. As a Registered Investment Adviser, we are just not comfortable recommending that clients risk their money in that way.
- Discovery Meeting - Building the foundation to create your financial future is the purpose of the Discovery Meeting. At this meeting, we help you clarify where you are today, financially speaking, and we help you define and prioritize the financial goals that you want to accomplish in your future.
- Gap Analysis - Are you already doing the things necessary to get you where you want to go? If not, how far off target are you? This analysis answers that question.
- Review Options - There are usually a lot of different ways to achieve your goals and each option has its own pros and cons. Researching those options and identifying the one best optimized for you and your situation is where our knowledge, creativity, and state-of-the art financial planning software come into play. We'll present the options and make recommendations to help you decide.
- Implementation - Up to now, everything in the engagement has been about knowledge. Now, it's about action. This is where the rubber meets the road.
- Monitor & Review - In the real world, things happen. Our periodic reviews will keep you accountable to your goals so that you remaining pointed in the right direction.